Let’s face it, ladies. We all need our makeup. It makes us feel more confident and put together, even when the rest of our lives are falling apart. But with the current economic situation, a lot of us are tightening our belts and watching our spending a little more closely. So how do we budget for makeup when we’re trying to save money? Here are a few tips.
1. Cut back on brand names. Drugstore brands are just as good as high-end brands, and they’re a fraction of the price. For example, the L’Oreal Paris True Match foundation is just as good as MAC Studio Fix fluid foundation, but it only costs about £10. That’s a savings of £20 right there!
2. Buy multipurpose products. A good bronzer can double as an eyeshadow, and red lipstick can be used as a blush in a pinch. Look for products that can do double duty so you don’t have to spend as much money on individual items.
3. Invest in basics that will last. A good quality mascara or eyeliner can last up to six months if you take care of it properly. So although it may cost more upfront, in the long run, you’ll save money because you won’t have to replace it as often. The same goes for lipsticks and other products that come in containers that can be sealed shut – they’ll last longer and save you money in the long run.
4. Skip the salon and do your own nails at home. A trip to the salon for a manicure or pedicure can easily cost £30 or more. By doing your nails at home, you can save a ton of money over time – plus, it’s pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it! Just make sure you have all the supplies you need on hand so you’re not running out to the store every time you need something new.
5. Take advantage of sales and coupons. Sign up for your favourite store’s email list so you’ll be among the first to know about sales and special offers. And don’t forget to check websites like RetailMeNot before you shop so you can get even more discounts!
Makeup is essential, but it doesn’t have to break the bank. By following these simple tips, you can budget for your makeup needs and still have money left over for other things!
Your budget will thank you for it!