If you’re like most women, you probably have a love-hate relationship with makeup. On one hand, it can be a fun way to express your creativity and experiment with different looks. On the other hand, it can be time-consuming and expensive. But whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that makeup can be a powerful tool. Used correctly, it can help you look and feel your best.
So what are the latest trends? What are the must-have products? And what are the techniques you need to know? Here are 12 makeup tips that are a must-try in 2023:
1. Go for a natural look. This year, it’s all about going for a natural look. That means ditching the heavy foundation and powder in favour of lighter, more breathable formulas. BB creams and tinted moisturizers are your new best friend. And when it comes to your eyes, ditch the smoky eye in favour of a more natural look. Just a touch of mascara and some light eyeshadow is all you need.
2. Get cheeky with blush. Blush is making a comeback in a big way. This year, forget about contouring and focus on adding some colour to your cheeks instead. A peachy or pink blush will give you a healthy, rosy glow. Just make sure to apply it sparingly – you don’t want to look like you’re wearing a clown mask!
3. Experiment with bold lips. If there’s one trend that’s definitely here to stay, it’s bold lips. Whether you go for a bright red or deep plum, make sure your lips make a statement. And don’t forget the lip liner! It will help prevent your lipstick from bleeding and give you more control over the shape of your lips.
4. Go easy on the eye shadow. Another trend this year is minimalistic eye makeup. That means ditching the heavy eye shadow in favour of something more subtle. A light wash of colour is all you need.
5. Get long, luscious lashes. False eyelashes are back in style, so if you want to achieve the ultimate dramatic look, don’t be afraid to pile them on! Just make sure to use waterproof mascara to avoid any embarrassing mishaps.
6. Fill in those brows. Thick, well-defined eyebrows are still very much in style. So if yours are looking a little sparse, now is the time to fill them in! Use an eyebrow pencil or powder that matches your hair colour, and then use short, feathery strokes to fill in any bare spots.
7. Highlight those features. Highlighting and contouring may be out this year, but that doesn’t mean you should skip out on highlighting altogether. A touch of highlighter on your cheekbones, brow bones and Cupid’s bow will give you a subtle glow that will make you look like you’ve just been kissed by the sun.
8. Get extra glowy with the illuminator. Another way to get that dewy, natural-looking glow is by using an illuminator. Just add a few drops to your foundation or primer before applying, and then blend it out with your fingertips or sponge for an extra boost of radiance
9. Use a primer for long-lasting makeup If you have oily skin or tend to sweat a lot, then a primer is definitely a must – have the product in your makeup bag this year! It will help keep your makeup in place all day long, even during those hot summer months
10. Set your makeup with setting spray Another great way to keep your makeup from melting off your face is by using setting spray Just spritz it on after applying your makeup, and then let it dry for a few seconds before heading out the door
11. Invest in good quality brushes Good quality brushes can make all the difference when applying makeup They’ll help create a flawless finish and make sure your makeup goes on evenly
12. Don’t forget about skincare! Even if you have perfect skin, it’s important to take care of it by using sunscreen every day and cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing regularly Skincare should always be at the top of your list, no matter what trends come and go!
These are just some of the many trends that are taking over the world of makeup in 2023! So what are you waiting for? Get out there and experiment! And don’t forget – skincare should always be at the top of your list, no matter what trends come and go!